Services available from the practice
All GP practices are contracted to provide essential services, that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following additional services:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services. Implanon insertions and removals are available at the practice. IUCD insertion are available at the Family Planning clinic in the Health Centre
- Maternity services in the ante natal and post natal period.
- Midwifes run Antenatal clinics every Monday and Wednesday between 9am 12 pm, in the community wing within the Health Centre.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details
- Cervical smears
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following enhanced services
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.